1. To achieve the university’s mission in serving the community as well as building an integrative relationship that is
in accordance with the needs and aspirations of the community.
2. To achieve the university’s mission in building integrative relations between all parties working within the university.
3. To achieve the university’s mission in building participatory and cooperative relations with all government sectors as well as community and charitable institutions to provide distinguished community service.
4. To develop the abilities and skills of the employees at the faculties responsible for community service, which offers them opportunities for distinguished community service programs.
5. To activate the roles of the faculties in implementing distinguished and selective community service programs that enhance the university’s position in the surrounding community.
6. To approve the estimated budgets for the community initiatives submitted by the community and environmental coordinator at the faculties and to recommend their sponsored funding.
7. To promote a culture surrounding volunteer work among both students and employees alike.
8. To activate student volunteer work which comprises a total of 40 hours for each student over the course of their university studies.
9. To establish a culture of volunteerism and to give back to the community.
10. To enhance the student’s ability to deal with the various problems surrounding the community in a scientific method.
11. To meet the needs of the student both psychologically and socially through volunteer work as to appreciate themselves with confidence and a feeling of satisfaction.
12. To assist students in utilizing the highlight and potential of their talents most efficiently and effectively.
First: Director of the Office of Community and Environmental Services
1. To implement community initiatives and activities.
2. To determine the aspects of social responsibility within the university and prepare practical plans to accommodate them.
3. To encourage and motivate faculty staff to actively participate in community and environmental service programs.
4. To document community programs.
5. To contribute to activities of the community and environmental charities and encourage university employees, students, and parents to be involved.
6. To produce educational publications in regards to community and environmental affairs in coordination with the faculties associated.
7. To coordinate with the official bodies and institutions in regards to the community and environmental affairs and discussing partnerships with them for students volunteering activities.
8. To prepare and submit reports with regard to the achievements of the office’s objectives and workflow.
9. To organize and hold seminars on community services and environmental issues.
10. To supervise the database of the students and volunteer work through the coordinators of the various faculties within the university to extract information and prepare annual reports for the office of community and environmental service at the university.
11. To supervise the entry of data on community participation on the university’s database.
12. To participate with the coordinators in setting out plans and executive policies within the faculties in community and environmental services and identify the results of their activities.
13. To follow up with the coordinators and establish monitoring systems to ensure the desired goals are met and present reports regularly.
14. To submit reports regularly in regards to the implemented community programs to the university president.
15. To participate in periodic meetings in relation to community service both inside and outside the university.
Second: Coordinators of Community and Environmental Services at the Faculties
1. To develop plans and executive policies for volunteer work programs in order to serve the community and the environment at the various faculties.
2. To determine the routes that the faculties could contribute in regards to community service.
3. To extract information and prepare annual reports for the university’s community and environmental office.
4. To supervise the entry of data on community participation into the university’s database.
5. To participate with the coordinators in setting out plans and executive policies within the faculties in community and environmental services and identify the results of their activities.
6. To follow up with the coordinators and establish monitoring systems to ensure the desired goals are met and present reports regularly.
7. To submit reports regularly in regards to the implemented community programs to the university president.
8. To participate in periodic meetings in relation to community service both inside and outside the university.
9. To implement training and awareness programs on volunteer work to develop the community and the environment.
10. To prepare seminars and conferences by preparing documents specialized for the seminars (awareness papers – questionnaires).
11. To coordinate with faculty students and provide them with necessary assistance in regard to community and environmental service.
12. To prepare databases of the community service activities and upload them on the faculty’s website.
13. To perform other duties assigned to the office.
14. To write reports in relation to community and environmental service and submitting them to the director of the office.